Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hope you enjoyed your last non-paleo day!

Getting briefed!
Just as you're all getting Paleo Powered, the CrossFit Games Open is poised to start, what better time to put all that amazing food for fuel to work?  If you're on the fence about participating have a read of Noelle's perspective below.  I think this is a wonderful bonding time for the gym and a great way to learn your strengths and sharpen your game.  I hope to see you ALL register.  Let the games begin!

From Nemo:
Why You Should Do the Crossfit Open
If you don’t want to read my last experience with the Open, just skip to the reasons below.
I decided to the Open last year after only Crossfitting for about 6 months. At that time, my goal was just to be able to do the workouts, not to have the highest number of rounds or anything like that. It was a great beginning goal. I was so proud of myself at the end for just being able to do everything they threw at me. This year the goal is to finish higher in the polls and crush those Open WODs. Not because I expect/want to go to Regionals but because I want to prove to MYSELF that I can do those same crazy workouts that people like Annie Thorisdottir and Rich
Froning are doing that week.

I am all about the logic lately, so here are the logical reasons you sign up for the Open:

1. Its only $20. I am poor grad student and can find room to budget for $20.
2. The Open is a way to measure your performance against the entire CrossFit community.
Its pretty cool to see where you stack up against literally thousands of other CrossFitters.
3. There is something surreal about knowing that thousands of other people around the
country and the world are busting their butts doing the same workout as you over the
same couple of days.
4. I found it amazing when I watched the Crossfit Games later down the road and the men
and women competing had gone through the same workouts I had in order to get there.
It’s a pretty bada$$ feeling.
5. Its another way to watch your progress through the paleo challenge.

Register here: games.crossfit.com

WOD FOR FRIDAY
2 Rounds
Row 1000
25 KB Swing (70/53)
Run 1200


Now you know the WOD
- CLICK HERE to sign up for your class.

No comments:

Post a Comment