| At the end of a long and arduous weekend. |
Crossfit athletes are looking to suffer. They are looking for pain. They are looking for that moment where they have to push aside the rational part of the brain telling them this is a bad idea. Anyone can get on the treadmill for an hour and “exercise.” It takes unique individuals to look at the task at hand knowing its going to kick them in the face and put their head down to get it done.
Exercise/jazzercise doesn’t bring people together. Crossfit brings people together from all parts, and in proud unison we show off the dead lift scars on our shins and the rips in our bloodied hands. And even though CF athletes are ultra competitive, we aren’t so cut-throat that we forget about the other athletes competing alongside us, no, we cheer them on until the very end.
| The tough ladies of CF Wilmington rooting for Jeana |
Athletes from Crossfit SAV went up to Charleston and competed at different times and in different divisions, but we went up there as a team and competed together. I was in the RX Men division but I had my CFSAV team pushing me to my best until the very end. I’ll never forget the loud little voices of Jeana’s two awesome kids helping me get through those last lunges of the 6th and final WOD.
Last weekend was my first CF Competition. Even though I got my ass kicked, it just reinforced why I love the CF community and the people I train with. I can’t wait for the next one.
Bk
WOD FOR WEDNESDAY
Front squat
5-3-1-2-2-2-2-2
Romanian dead lift
5-5-5-5-5
Tabata backward sled drag
Tabata mountain climbers
Now you know the WOD
- CLICK HERE to sign up for your class.
well said BK
ReplyDelete