Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Erin, post Clean Eating challenge:

Look what I found on the interwebs.

The clean eating challenge was just that: a challenge. I won’t lie when I say I was intimidated knowing my track record with food addictions and emotional relationships with what I eat. I love food. LOVE.

I was pretty sure that 3 cheats a week wouldn’t be enough for me but I also knew that I’d have the accountability of my Crossfit family and that if I was ever going to be able to accept a challenge like this, now was the time. I had always wanted to see what it would feel like to clear my body of all of the waste we put in it each day and I was looking forward to whatever gains I could make. The biggest change for me overall was that I actually thought I ate pretty well before. I thought I felt pretty good. I thought I even looked pretty fit. And now I realize that it was just because I didn’t even KNOW what it felt like to treat my body right.

Over the course of the challenge, the more difficult aspects were keeping creative with food choices and making sure I had options around to try new things. I thought the cravings would be the worst part but the more strict I was with saying no to cravings, the faster they disappeared. After the 2nd week, I wasn’t tempted at all by the things I thought would be hardest to avoid. My advice? If you know it’s a weakness, plan to cut it out cold turkey. Use the people around you to help. Because, in the end it’s all about who’s around you. Surround yourself with those who generally care about you and your goals and you will achieve them. Surround yourself with those who want the same good things for themselves and you’ll all achieve them. The challenge itself isn’t something to lose body fat or to lose weight although those are great byproducts. The challenge to me was more to find out who I really was without the excuses.

WOD FOR WEDNESDAY
1 minute on 20 seconds off
For 5 rounds
Pushup
Bear crawl
Box jump

Now you know the WOD
- CLICK HERE to sign up for your class.

No comments:

Post a Comment