Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Penny

Thanks to all of you for coming over and sharing in the stories of friendship and remembrances of all the ridiculous and hilarious stuff Jeff has done to make our lives funnier, happier, healthier more absurd and more memorable.

Here's a note from Ryan:

The gym will reopen tomorrow on the heels of the CrossFit Open. On the one hand I'm not interested in turning Jeff's death into a "win one for the Gipper" speech. On the other hand, Jeff would eat that shit up with a spoon. What I can tell you, for sure, is that he loved this gym as much as I did before it even opened. When we worked out at Cohen's he couldn't wait for "our gym" to open. Jeff never had any delusions about his own ability, or mine for that matter, but he loved to talk about who was a beast and who wasn't. I know I'm gonna be a complete piece of shit for this open, all I want to do is sit on the floor and cry. For those who are further removed or motivated by a cause, just know that Jeff was pumped to see what we could do. He had a taste for drama, so we must, by all means, wear some black arm bands and shit. But if he knew that his death had a negative effect on people's performance, I feel confident he would've waited until after the open. Try to suck it up 15 minutes a week and let's dedicate this to our good friend Foxy.

Hope to see you all tomorrow. -Ryan

WOD FOR FRIDAY
CF OPEN Workout 12.1
AMRAP 7
Burpees


Movement Standards

This workout begins from the standing position. The Athlete will move from flat on the ground to touching an object with both hands that is 6 inches above their max reach. Score is total reps completed.

Burpee
At the bottom position, the Athlete's chest and hips must touch the ground. At the top of the movement, both hands must make contact with the target 6 inches above your max reach.

For more info on the movement standards, go here.

Now you know the WOD
- CLICK HERE to sign up for your class.

No comments:

Post a Comment